Saturday, October 11, 2008

The Nichols Wildlife Reserve

One of the great things about living in the country is that you don't have to seek out the wildlife. It comes straight to you! We see deer, turkeys, squirrels, chipmunks, rabbits, turtles and so much more. 
Here are some pictures of creatures we have seen in just the past 2 weeks.





Seth is the bravest of all the kids. He will hold
a frog or a caterpillar for the longest time.

This beautiful, young, doe caught Isaac's eye outside our living room window.
She stayed for a while just looking at us and letting us admire her.

The other other day, I walked out the front door and these 2 birds ( I thought they were pheasants, but I'm not sure now.) were right there!
I slowly crept inside for my camera and when I got back outside, the more beautiful of the two flew away, so I was only able to photograph this one.


This salamander was so cute, but we let him go shortly after we caught him.






No comments: